AMWU Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Unit
Who are we?
Our union has decades of experience supporting HSRs and deputies. We have 3 dedicated OHS Officer and 3 support staff that will ensure that you get the right information, support and training you are entitled to under the Act.
OHS Officers: Sarah Ross, Cindy O’Connor, Martin Raspin
Administrative staff: Melissa, Vicki and Cathryn
Contact the OHS Unit on (03) 9230 5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do?
Our union is here to assist you with:
· Negotiating Designated Work Groups (DWGs)
· Electing Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs)
· Enrolling in OHS Courses
· Consultation about hazards and risks
· Issue resolution
It’s our role to represent and provide advice to AMWU members in all aspects of OHS.
If you ….
1. Have a question about a Workplace Hazard – contact us!
2. Want to set up Designated Work Group’s (DWG) and elect a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) - contact us!
3. Are having a problem getting an OHS issue fixed - contact us!
4. Are a Health and Safety Representative and haven’t had training - Contact us!!
5. Have been in an accident or seen one at your workplace and nothing is happening to fix things – Contact us!
We help workers understand and protect our OHS Rights established in the law.
Contact our Admin team and we will organise your enrolment in a WorkSafe Approved HSR Training Course.
Our OHS Officers are here to follow up with you at your workplaces too.