AMWU Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Unit
Who are we?
Our union has decades of experience supporting HSRs and deputies. We have dedicated OHS Officers and support staff that will ensure that you get the right information, support and training you are entitled to under the Act.
OHS Officers: Sarah Ross and Shawn White
Administrative staff: Melissa and Tanya
Contact the OHS Unit on (03) 9230 5700 or email [email protected]
What do we do?
Our union is here to assist you with:
· Negotiating Designated Work Groups (DWGs)
· Electing Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs)
· Enrolling in OHS Courses
· Consultation about hazards and risks
· Issue resolution
It’s our role to represent and provide advice to AMWU members in all aspects of OHS.
If you ….
1. Have a question about a Workplace Hazard – contact us!
2. Want to set up Designated Work Group’s (DWG) and elect a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) - contact us!
3. Are having a problem getting an OHS issue fixed - contact us!
4. Are a Health and Safety Representative and haven’t had training - Contact us!!
5. Have been in an accident or seen one at your workplace and nothing is happening to fix things – Contact us!
We help workers understand and protect our OHS Rights established in the law.
Contact our Admin team and we will organise your enrolment in a WorkSafe Approved HSR Training Course.
Our OHS Officers are here to follow up with you at your workplaces too.