Your enrolment as a member of the Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union (AMWU) brings with it financial responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of the Union’s Rules.
Membership of the Union requires the payment of a quarterly membership fee, which is payable to the Union in accordance with the scale of fees. The rate applicable to you is the rate applicable to your appropriate section which will be notified to you when you receive your ‘Welcome to the Union’ membership card.
In addition, should you at any stage in the future wish to resign your membership from the Union, your resignation must be effected in accordance with the provision of the Union’s Rules. This specific provision in respect to resignation will be forwarded to you on your ‘Welcome to the Union’ membership card.
DIRECT DEBIT SERVICE AGREEMENTS
By making a Direct Debit request, you authorise the AMWU to arrange for funds to be debited from your account to cover your Union Dues. Please note the following important points:
1. Direct Debit is not recommended for AMWU members whose employment is irregular i.e. casual, seasonal or contracted employees.
2. You will need to make sure that there is enough money in your account to cover the debit. If not, you may incur a fee or charge from your financial institution.
3. Please make sure your account details are correct by checking them against a recent bank statement.
4. We will keep your account details confidential unless required by law or to determine any query regarding your account.
5. If you wish to stop, vary or cancel this Direct Debit authority, or an individual payment, you can:
- call the AMWU Membership Department in your State;
- write to your AMWU State Secretary;
- or email the AMWU Helpdesk at [email protected].
Please note that requests for variation or cancellation may take up to 14 days to take effect.
6. If the debit day falls on a day which is not a business day, your account will be debited on the following business day.
Any moneys overpaid to the Union by members deceased or retired shall, upon application by them or their next of kin, be refunded.