Workers Memorial Day
April 28th is International Workers Memorial Day - four basic worker rights are essential to improve health and safety at work. See some research in mining industries :
- The right to refuse to do dangerous work.
- The right to education and training.
- The right to information.
- The right to representation and participation.
Work and Cancer
World health and safety expert - Dr Takala - shows that cancer is the most common work related disease.
- One person every three days - the link between diesel and cancer. See our Info and Facts sheets page for more information
- Cancer Council of Australia web site has information about Cancer and Work.
It's No Accident is the quarterly health and safety newsletter of the AMWU. We always welcome suggestions on content.
Click on the name to see each newsletter.
February 2017 - 10 Golden Rules for reporting work injury/illness - open up the centre pages. Put it up on your union notice board