Working together, we know that we can build better workplaces, stronger communities and a fairer society that we can be proud to pass on to future generations of Australians.
Your union membership pays for itself as we provide a range of direct benefits and services to our members, including:
- Access to legal advice (for workplace issues) - contact your branch or the HelpDesk if you need to access this service
- A confidential counselling and support line for you and your family: phone 1800 206 316 (line is open 24/7)
- Our telephone HelpDesk service – to give you fast, confidential help at work when you need it: 1300 732 698
- Journey Accident Insurance – coverage whilst travelling to and from work
- Emergency Transport Benefit* and Funeral Benefits
- Banking and Home Loan deals through ME Bank, the bank for union members.
For all member benefits, please check the details and information regarding coverage carefully, as there are some exclusions and terms and conditions.
The AMWU supports our members to get the best possible superannuation for their individual circumstances.
We have a partnership arrangement with 4 industry super funds.
We support Industry Superannuation as they are run only to benefit fund members - Industry Funds have low fees and don't pay commissions to financial planners.
We support and partner with the following 4 funds:
Are you finding something tough to cope with? At home, or at work?
As a member you have free access to our professional counselling service, 24 hours, 7 days a week. AMWU Care is 100% free, anonymous and run by trained professionals.
* Ambulance Cover is not available in QLD or TAS due to coverage being available under these State Systems.