FULL-TIME CLERICAL ASSISTANT/ RECEPTIONIST CARLTON VICTORIA
The AMWU represents members in a wide range of manufacturing industries including food and confectionery; metal and engineering; printing, design, and packaging; technical, supervisory, and administrative; and vehicle building, service and repair.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person, who cares about the quality of their work and the service they provide to their colleagues and the Unions Members.
The main duties of this position will be Reception and Switchboard duties but not limited to and will include other duties when appropriate, data entry, updating data base, coordinating counter sales, liaising with couriers and assisting with large mail outs.
The successful candidate will also work closely with other departments and undertake cross training which will enable them to assume a range of tasks and functions across the broader union.
A commitment to Trade Unionism is essential
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Should you wish to apply for the position, please forward an application marked to the attention of the Victorian Administrative Officer at the above address by close of business on Wednesday November 9, 2022
Applications can be emailed to [email protected]
Clerical Assistant: Receptionist - Victorian Branch
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed in the role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Answering inbound calls and effectively directing calls
- Accurately taking messages, meeting & greeting guests
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Displaying and maintaining a professional manner
- Proactively dealing with members, Officers and Organisers
- Maintaining the Meeting rooms and calendars
- Working with the Membership team and working on the Citrix system
- Provide service across counter, including payments and sales of merchandise
- Help other Admin staff when required e.g. mailouts
- Organise inbound and outbound mail including packing items for shipping
- Check Merchandise stock and fulfil stock levels at regional sites
- Maintaining the presentation of the service reception area
To be successful in this fast-paced receptionist position you will be well presented and have a friendly and welcoming manner. You will also possess:
- Previous experience in a busy reception/front desk position
- A strong customer service ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail & excellent organisational skills
- A clear and professional phone manner
- Intermediate computer skills