The Queensland Government is conducting an inquiry into the practices of the Labour Hire Industry.
The inquiry will consider:
- phoenixing and undercutting of conditions
- impacts on regional communities, of replacing permanent employees, apprentices and trainees with labour hire workers
- labour hire and sham contracting being used to avoid workplace laws
- exploitation, harassment and other mistreatment of workers
- regulation of labour hire
Our union has called for stronger regulation of Labour Hire businesses in an industry which operates without adequate checks and stands accused of mistreating working people.
The AMWU asked members for their feedback on Labour Hire practices in Queensland and how they could be improved for working people.