What are my employer’s legal obligations around health and safety?
An employer has legal obligations to ensure the health and safety of their workers so far as is reasonably practicable by managing risks to health and safety.
The union and elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) have a role to play. As the spread of COVID-19 is a health and safety risk, employers are legally required to:
- provide a work environment without risk to health & safety,
- have a plan to manage risks and protect workers,
- provide adequate facilities for the welfare of workers and ensure access to those facilities,
- provide any information, training or instruction that is necessary to protect workers, and
- consult with workers and any HSRs in developing a plan, and prior to making any decision, in relation to health and safety.
Was this helpful?
Sign up to our newsletter to find out the latest on our campaigns and work.
Liquid syntax error: Error in tag 'subpage' - No such page slug news