The AMWU SA Branch currently has a vacancy for a Branch Organiser. See below for more information.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to work as part of our organising team at the AMWU.
The team works with Union and non-union workers across the manufacturing sectors covered by our Union.
The team also researches and identifies target workplaces for growth organising and develops plans and strategies to underpin this crucial work as well as support established workplaces.
The following skills are essential:
• The ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people
• Demonstrated experience of modern organising theory and techniques and able to deal with a high volume of work and changing priorities.
• The capacity to undertake research, to write reports and to complete computer database records.
• Well organised, punctual and able to work to deadlines
• Good knowledge of the Australian industrial scene
• Have basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet)
• Proven commitment to the Trade Union movement and/or experience in organising would be an advantage
• Negotiation and Dispute resolution skills
The AMWU will provide required training and an attractive salary package including vehicle and phone. If you require more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send applications to:
53 Dale Street, Adelaide 5001
Applications close 20 December 2019