Working together, we know that we can build better workplaces, stronger communities and a fairer society that we can be proud to pass on to future generations of Australians.
Your union membership pays for itself as we provide a range of direct benefits and services to our members, including:
- Access to legal advice (for workplace issues) - contact your branch or the HelpDesk if you need to access this service
- A confidential counselling and support line for you and your family: phone 1800 206 316 (line is open 24/7)
- Our telephone HelpDesk service – to give you fast, confidential help at work when you need it: 1300 732 698
- Journey Accident Insurance – coverage whilst travelling to and from work
- Emergency Transport Benefit* and Funeral Benefits
- Banking and Home Loan deals through ME Bank, the bank for union members.
The AMWU supports our members to get the best possible superannuation for their individual circumstances.
We have a partnership arrangement with 4 industry super funds.
We support Industry Superannuation as they are run only to benefit fund members - Industry Funds have low fees and don't pay commissions to financial planners.
We support and partner with the following 4 funds:
Are you finding something tough to cope with? At home, or at work?
As a member you have free access to our professional counselling service, 24 hours, 7 days a week. AMWU Care is 100% free, anonymous and run by trained professionals.
* Ambulance Cover is not available in QLD or TAS due to coverage being available under these State Systems.