On April 28th 2017, International Workers Memorial Day, the AMWU reminded members to continue our efforts in making sure that all workers are protected in the workplace.
We have re-produced the checklist as a poster for your union noticeboard - see the middle pages of the May 2017 It's No Accident
We always welcome suggestions and feedback on more topics or information that would be useful.
- Asthma and work
- Back Injuries
- Bullying Survey
- Beware spray painting mists
- Cancer and work
- For your doctor: cancer and the link to work
- For your doctor: cancer was it caused by work
- Can you hear?
- Dangers of Diesel Fumes
- Dangers of Silica Dust
- Food industry - are your lungs protected?
- Hazards of Welding Fumes
- Health and Safety Reps and committees - see NSW flyer on how much more H&S Reps can do
- Health and Safety Rights Poster
- Working in heat
- Injured at work - Do & Don't - wallet card
- Injured at Work Poster
- Laboratories - Dusty work in Assay labs
- Medical appointments - your rights
- Noise - Listen Up - Poster
- Noise - Listen Up - Booklet
- Removing the risks - the basic approach
- Shift Work and Fatigue Fact Sheet
- Guidelines for working shiftwork
- Shiftwork and Fatigue Survey
- Sprains and Strains
- Shoulder injuries
- Stress at work - a guide
- Union sites are safer
- Vehicle exhausts - their dangers and how to avoide them - see middle pages
- Welding work can make you feel sick
- Welding - safety of on-site structural welds - this is from the Victorian government, as a result of Vic branch AMWU site visits and campaigns
- Work and Dermatitis
Hearing Loss: Did you know that at the noise level standard of 85dBA nearly one in five workers will suffer hearing loss over the course of their working life. For this reason the AMWU has distributed posters and booklets to encourage our HSRs to take up the issue of noise levels.
For further information contact your AMWU Delegate, Organiser or health and safety contact person.
For information about these fact sheets or to order copies, contact us at email@example.com or ring the HelpDesk on 1300 732 698
Links to useful web sites.
Victorian union site for OHS Reps
A Union friendly service: Workers Health Centre Sydney
International health and safety site with lots of information: Hazards
Work and cancer: Cancer Hazards
Government H&S information, with links to State and Territory health and safety websites: SafeWork Australia
Injured Workers Support Network: based in NSW, the website has links to groups across the country.