Below we have provided a range of resources about Health and Safety at work, and tips for avoiding Hazards. Much of this information is also in our annual health and safety booklet -- which is distributed to all H&S Reps on the union data base.
For further information contact your AMWU Delegate, Organiser or health and safety contact person.
For information about any of these fact sheets or to order copies, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the HelpDesk on 1300 732 698:
- Asthma and work
- Bullying Survey
- Beware spray painting mists
- Cancer and work
- For your doctor: cancer and the link to work
- For your doctor: cancer was it caused by work
- Can you hear?
- Dangers of Diesel Fumes
- Dangers of Silica Dust
- Food industry - are your lungs protected?
- Hazards of Welding Fumes
- Health and Safety Rights Poster
- Working in heat
- Injured at work - Do & Don't - wallet card
- Injured at Work Poster
- Laboratories - Dusty work in Assay labs
- Medical appointments - your rights
- Removing the risks - the basic approach
- Shift Work and Fatigue Fact Sheet
- Guidelines for working shiftwork
- Shiftwork and Fatigue Survey
- Stress at work - a guide
- Union sites are safer
- Vehicle exhausts - their dangers and how to avoide them - see middle pages
- Welding work can make you feel sick
- Welding - safety of on-site structural welds - this is from the Victorian government, as a result of Vic branch AMWU site visits and campaigns
- Work and Dermatitis
Links to useful web sites.
Victorian union site for OHS Reps
A Union friendly service: Workers Health Centre Sydney
International health and safety site with lots of information: Hazards
Work and cancer: Cancer Hazards
Government H&S information, with links to State and Territory health and safety websites: SafeWork Australia
Injured Workers Support Network: based in NSW, the website has links to groups across the country.