Below we have provided a range of resources about Health and Safety at work, and tips for avoiding Hazards. Much of this information is also in our annual health and safety booklet -- which is distributed to all H&S Reps on the union data base.
For further information contact your AMWU Delegate, Organiser or OHS Contact.
- Asthma and work
- Bullying Survey
- Beware spray painting mists
- Cancer and work
- For your doctor: cancer and the link to work
- For your doctor: cancer was it caused by work
- Can you hear?
- Dangers of Diesel Fumes
- Dangers of Silica Dust
- Food industry - are your lungs protected?
- Hazards of Welding Fumes
- Health and Safety Rights Poster
- Injured at work - Do & Don't - wallet card
- Injured at Work Poster
- Laboratories - Dusty work in Assay labs
- Medical appointments - your rights
- Removing the risks - the basic approach
- Shift Work and Fatigue Fact Sheet
- Guidelines for working shiftwork
- Shiftwork and Fatigue Survey
- Stress at work - a guide
- Union sites are safer
- Vehicle exhausts - their dangers and how to avoide them - see middle pages
- Welding work can make you feel sick
- Welding - safety of on-site structural welds - this is from the Victorian government, as a result of Vic branch AMWU site visits and campaigns
- Work and Dermatitis
- Working in Seasonal Heat
Links to useful web sites.
Victorian union site for OHS Reps
A Union friendly service: Workers Health Centre Sydney
International health and safety site with lots of information: Hazards
Work and cancer: Cancer Hazards
Government H&S information, with links to State and Territory health and safety websites: SafeWork Australia
Injured Workers Support Network: based in NSW, the website has links to groups across the country.