- As a result of 60 worksites visits and lots of activity by AMWU officials and members, WorkSafe Victoria has issued a fact sheet on the safety of onsite welding. The fact sheet is useful around the country. Check it out here
- Victorian AMWU organisers have sucessfully Victorian Ombudsman brings down damning report on Victoria Workers Compensation insurers
- AMWU HSR Peter Attard, a fitter at Qenos in the Melbourne polyethylene plant, has been recognised for his back saving innovation
- Workers compensation systems are designed NOT to help injured workers
- This years winner of the AMWU Helen Davis Award is Haromi 'Pepe' Jones from Darrel Lea Confectionary. Pepe will be attending both the upcoming AMWUs NSW State Conference and National Conference. The Helen Davis Award encourages women to be active in our union.
- AMWU "Safety Hero", Damien Kelly, from Orora’s Rocklea fibre packaging plant in Brisbane has won a major safety prize for his Phone App
- West Australia off shore workers protected by active HSRs "Our HSRs were brilliant"
It's No Accident is the quarterly health and safety newsletter of the AMWU. We always welcome suggestions on content.
Click on the name to see each newsletter.