- In Queensland the police have charged a man with two counts of manslaughter relating to acts of negligence on an Eagle Farm Racecourse construction site on 6 October 2016. Two men were killed in a large cube-shaped drainage pit when two concrete wall panels fell over while the final wall was being lifted into place by a crane.
- In very sad news, on Wednesday 26th October 2016, AMWU member Mr Iveca Andrijasevic died on a Probuild Victorian construction site. AMWU organisers and H&S officers are assisting our members. Our condolences are with family, friends and work mates. No-one should have to go through this. At this stage his work colleagues and the AMWU are awaiting the WorkSafe and Coroners investigations.
- One person every three days - the link between diesel and cancer. See our Info and Facts sheets page for more information
- Cancer Council of Australia have launched a new web site with information about Cancer and Work
- As a result of 60 worksites visits and lots of activity by AMWU officials and members, WorkSafe Victoria has issued a fact sheet on the safety of onsite welding. The fact sheet is useful around the country. Check it out here
- Victorian Ombudsman brings down damning report on Victoria Workers Compensation insurers
It's No Accident is the quarterly health and safety newsletter of the AMWU. We always welcome suggestions on content.
Click on the name to see each newsletter.