As part of the Collaboration Delivers Wellbeing in Manufacturing Project, the AMWU has partnered with the Opus Centre to design and deliver training with our organisational partners to raise mental health literacy in the workplace and address the work-related factors that contribute to psychological ill-health and mental injury.
Psychosocial Safety Training
Mental health and wellbeing is an important occupational health and safety issue for workers. This training will assist workers to:
- Understand the importance of collaboration for improving workplace mental health and wellbeing.
- Identify work-related factors (psychosocial hazards) that contribute to occupational stress and mental ill-health.
- Understand control and mitigation strategies for psychosocial hazards in the workplace.
- Understand mental health conditions, how mental ill-health presents in the workplace, and overcome barriers to accessing help.
Psychosocial Safety Training for Leaders
A leaders behaviour can have a direct influence on the mental health and wellbeing of workers. This training will assist leaders (include worker representatives) to:
- Understand the important role of leaders in promoting a positive workplace culture that supports mental wellbeing and psychological safety in the workplace.
- Understand how to best support workers with a mental health condition and those returning to work that have sustained a physical or psychological injury.
For further information about the training initiative, speak to your HSR, AMWU Delegate, Supervisor or Manager.